Voters passed a bond measure in 2018 to fund improvements for Salem-Keizer Public Schools. The bond will support some level of improvement at every school in the district. Candalaria Elementary School will receive more than $2 million in renovations to support music and increase safety and security.
Highlights of the work happening at Candalaria include:
• Music room improvements for better acoustics
• Some sidewalk replacements, including replacement concrete stairs and new/replacement walking paths near the SW corner of the campus and behind the school
• Kitchen improvements to relieve congestion
• Renovate the school office to increase visibility of the main entry from the office
• Seismic improvements and more
BBL Architects and the district project management team are finished with the design process and have created the final drawings that Inline Commercial Construction, the construction contractor for Candalaria’s bond project, will use to improve the spaces at our school.
As the time for construction approaches, you may notice staging activities for construction taking shape on campus, such as fencing or temporary traffic flow adjustments. Construction is scheduled to begin in the summer of 2021 and is expected to be substantially complete early in the fall of 2021.
Thanks to the community’s support of the bond, Candalaria will soon have improvements to support a safer learning environment.
A list of projects happening at Candalaria can be found on the district website. For more information about bond-funded construction in Salem-Keizer Public Schools, please visit www.salemkeizer.org/projects-status.